Humanity is having an identity crisis of major proportions. People don’t know who they are. And it’s literally wreaking havoc across the world at this very instant.
<SCROLL DOWN FOR AUDIO ONLY PODCAST>
People are struggling on so many levels.
And St. John Paul II saw it coming. In fact, he provided the answers before many of the questions were even posed.
Expanding upon the work of St. Thomas Aquinas and others, he developed a philosophy of the person called, appropriately, “personalism.” It’s a way to make sense of who we are and the dignity each of us possesses.
And it’s so powerful!
So on this episode of the Art of Catholic, I asked Dr. John Crosby, an eminent philosopher at Franciscan University of Steubenville, to give us an overview of John Paul II’s famous way of looking at the human person so that we can understand more deeply who we are…and help the world figure it out, too.
Among other things we discuss:
- Why even “regular” Catholics need philosophy
- How John Paul II’s experience of Nazism & Communism shaped his thought
- What is the “Personalist Norm” & why it changes everything
- How to stop using God like a vending machine
- How does John Paul II answer the problem of gender confusion?
- Why so-called “mutual consent” is still a violation of the other person
- How treating other people as “subjects” will revolutionize our relationships (This one changes everything!)
Sit back and enjoy an exploration of the grandeur of the human person…the grandeur of YOU!
P.S. Want more Art of Catholic? CLICK HERE
P.S.S. Help me produce more powerful, free Catholic teaching (and get exclusive interviews, books and other great stuff) by supporting the Art of Catholic on Patreon! Even $5/mo goes a long way! Thanks!
Experience the video study that changes lives! Around 10,000 people have already been through Catholic Mysticism & the Beautiful Life of Grace…and loved it!
“This is the best, most powerful, most insightful study I have ever done, bar none.”
“I am bowled over…”
Part of Next Level Catholic Academy, this powerful series from Matthew Leonard is now available for rent. Check it out at CatholicMysticism.com.