Best-selling author and professor Dr. John Bergsma explains the Bible like nobody else. His Bible Basics for Catholics is a masterpiece. While it focused on the overall story of salvation history, particularly the Old Testament, his sequel, New Testament Basics for Catholics illuminates the second half of the Bible.
And it’s even better than the first one (which sold a gazillion copies).
John breaks the New Testament down by focusing on its four major authors. In part 1 of this interview, we’ll discuss the first two – Matthew and Luke – and what’s happening in their books. Among other things we’ll learn:
- What is the unifying theme of the major New Testament authors?
- Why does Matthew kick off the New Testament with a genealogy? (John actually calls it biblical Tae Kwon Do)
- What’s so shocking about the women mentioned by Matthew?
- What is Luke’s theme and how is his audience different than Matthew’s?
- What is the true meaning of mercy as found in the Gospel of Luke? (It’s not what you think and it gives a whole new meaning to the Year of Mercy!)
My previous show with John (Episode 6) remains one of my most popular. In this latest interview, you’ll understand why I call him the “Blond Beast of Biblical Theology”.
P.S. Don’t forget to grab your FREE copy of my quick guide to deeper prayer 8 Ways To Jumpstart Your Prayer Life! It’s an easy step-by-step guide to help you rocket to God!
Don’t miss a show! Subscribe to The Art of Catholic by clicking this link and then clicking “View in iTunes” under the picture and then “Subscribe”!
Android user? You can listen to The Art of Catholic on the Beyond Pod app from the Google Play Store.
Want to experience Catholic Europe? Join Matthew on his pilgrimage to Fatima, Lourdes, Avila, and many other amazing holy sites this October 23rd to November 1st. Click here for details.