The Art of Catholic community knows I’m totally into spiritual theology. But every now and then I hit the wall. I just can’t read another book on prayer, the 3 stages of the spiritual life, or the virtues. I need something a bit lighter.
Enter Fr. Richard Infante, wonderful priest and talented author of Catholic fiction.
He’s got a new book called “Last Priest Standing” from Lambing Press, which is a collection of short stories and novellas. It’s a fascinating peek into the private lives of priests which satisfies questions a lot of us have like: What do priests do in their free time? Do they want to talk about Church stuff with lay people? Do priests hang out together? (In casinos)?
It’s quite interesting and will certainly humanize priests for a lot of people.
But the conversation goes deeper. With four master’s degrees, including one in Fine Arts, he knows what he’s talking about when it comes to Catholic fiction and its role in culture. Items in this show include:
- Can fiction be used to effectively catechize?
- Fr. Infante’s “must read” works of Catholic fiction
- The importance of fine arts in evangelization
- Can Catholic fiction change the way you approach Scripture?
- My favorite work of Catholic fiction I recommend for everyone (which I’m betting most of you have never read)
Enjoy and God bless!
P.S. Don’t forget to grab your FREE copy of my quick guide to deeper prayer 8 Ways To Jumpstart Your Prayer Life! It’s an easy step-by-step guide to help you rocket to God!