When the 2nd Person of the Most Holy Trinity points to something and says “This!”, we had better pay attention.
And that’s basically what Christ says about the spiritual life. Yes, there are many important things in the Catholic faith, but only the interior life is the “one thing necessary” (Luke 10:42).
And if you’ve listened to the Art of Catholic for any length of time, or taken a look at the Science of Sainthood, you know how important this topic is to me.
So I was very happy when my buddy Dr. Brant Pitre wrote a great book on this topic titled, Introduction to the Spiritual Life. Because not only will it help a lot of people get on track spiritually, it also gave me an excuse (as if I needed one) to have him back on the show.
Here’s some of the items we discuss:
- Why St. Teresa of Avila calls meditative prayer a matter of life and death
- What is the path of the spiritual life?
- How specific virtues oppose specific vices
- What are the Jewish roots of prayer?
- Why meditation is a key to happiness
- What does it mean to love the Lord with “all your mind”
- What is the difference between meditation and contemplation?
This is an episode that is chalk-full of great, practical teaching that will help you go deeper into God!
More Podcast Episodes You’ll Enjoy: