Doesn’t it kind of seem like we woke up one day (no pun intended) and found our world in total disarray? Organized violence in the streets. Churches being burned. Society in chaos.
And if you’re wondering, “Where did all of this come from? What’s going on?” then you’ve come to the right place.
Because this didn’t just “happen.”
What we’re now experiencing is the result of decades of planning and implementation by people totally opposed to a Catholic worldview. What popular culture calls the “woke movement,” has deep historical and philosophical roots.
And we’d better understand them.
“Blown Away!” | “I can hardly believe how wonderful this is!” | “Should be translated into all languages.”
This isn’t about politics. This is about a spiritual revolution that seeks to destroy not just our countries, but the very fabric of our faith, our personhood, and how we image Jesus Christ.
In this extraordinary episode, I’m joined by Noelle Mering, author of “Awake, Not Woke: A Christian Response to the Cult of Progressive Ideology,” for an illuminating discussion of how it all happened and what we need to do as a result.
Among the topics we discuss are:
- Where did the “woke” movement come from & what is its goal?
- The role of Karl Marx and Marxist philosophy
- Why tolerance is allowed only for one side of the argument
- How the “woke” ideology denies the Incarnation of Jesus Christ
- What is Critical Theory & why is it anti-Catholic?
- Why violence is so central to the progressive movement
- What are the Honor, Dignity, & Victim Cultures (& which one are we in)
- What is the final solution?
So if you’ve been wondering how in the world all of this happened (and what to do about it), take a listen.
It’s a very interesting discussion that is extremely relevant to this moment in history.
Other episodes you might enjoy: