Ever felt like fasting was more like a terrible torture instead of holy sacrifice? Join the club.
But it doesn’t have to be like that. In fact, it’s not supposed to be like that.
Done correctly, fasting is supposed to fit into a spiritual rhythm of life that powerfully affects both your body and soul.
Drawing upon ancient spirituality, modern science, and the cycle of life from previous centuries, Dr. Jay Richards has written a fantastic book titled Eat Fast Feast: Heal Your Body While Feeding Your Soul, which we dive into in this episode of the Art of Catholic.
It’s a highly informative discussion in which he shares the secrets of powerful, manageable fasting (and feasting!) that transforms both your spiritual life and your body.
Yes, you’ll hear some amazing info on how to radically change your shape, but this isn’t a conversation about some faddy diet. Not even close.
It’s a guide to deeper integration between your interior and exterior life that introduces you to a whole new way to living.
Get 2 Totally FREE weeks!
No credit card. Nothing to cancel. Just sign up and watch!
Topics covered include:
- The critical idea that humans are unique unions of body and soul
- Some differences between Catholic and Protestant fasting (and Matthew’s dangerous lesson from Denny’s Restaurant:)
- Why feasting should play a big role and what it should look like
- How “ketosis” leads to “kenosis” (Yep…you might learn some new words in this episode:)
- What it means to be “metabolically flexible”
- How fasting played a role in the Garden of Eden (and how it relates to heaven)
- How fasting strongly affects your prayer life
- and a lot more!
Dr. Richards is a brilliant guy and this is a fascinating, practical episode that can change your life on a lot of levels. Don’t miss it! God bless!
PS Jay could only do an audio interview, so there’s no video attached. Another Art of Catholic episode with Jay is 093: God & Evolution
AUDIO – ONLY PLAYER FOR CURRENT EPISODE
PILGRIMAGES ARE BACK! Join me on a 5 Star PILGRIMAGE to the HOLY LAND in MARCH 2022 (and POLAND/Medjugorje in April 2022)! (Unlike others, we stay in one luxury hotel the entire time! Check it out!)