<Scroll to bottom for podcast player.>
The infection has gone deep.
Case in point…Several years ago I was at a very orthodox Catholic conference on the West Coast. Great talks. Great people. Great event.
Then the wheels came off.
During the homily at Mass, the priest gave a completely anti-Catholic homily. He didn’t do it on purpose, but it was anti-Catholic nonetheless.
I was flabbergasted.
I turned to a friend seated next to me, and asked, “Are you hearing what I’m hearing?” He nodded, just as frustrated as I was.
Later, we proceeded to have a conversation about one of the most misunderstood topics in Christianity – salvation.
That friend with whom I spoke so many years ago, Dr. Michael Barber, is my guest on this episode of the Art of Catholic. He wrote a book on this very topic (Salvation: What Every Catholic Needs to Know). And we’re about to continue that discussion begun so many years ago.
We’re going to discuss:
- The major difference between Catholic and Protestant views on salvation
- How exactly the Cross is a revelation of love
- Why the Cross was even necessary
- The role of good works in salvation
- The strange relationship between economics and salvation
- The big difference between salvation and redemption
- The controversy over the statement – “There is no salvation outside the Church”
This is one of those meaty episodes for which the Art of Catholic is well-known. And you’re going to love it!
P.S. Doors re-open to the world’s largest online school of Catholic spirituality at the end of summer 2019! CLICK HERE to check it out and get on the Wait List! (Wait List members are eligible for big Early Bird Discounts!)
“The most dynamic, clearest path to spiritual transformation you’ll find anywhere.” – Mike Aquilina, Author & EWTN Personality