<Scroll to bottom for podcast.>
There is one doctrine of the Church that changes everything…and I mean everything!
And once you get it, your understanding of salvation is radically transformed.
I’m talking about deification.
Yup! You and I are were created to be divine!
St. Peter declares very clearly that we are destined to become a “partakers” of the divine nature of God (2 Pt 1:4). But that’s not the only place in Scripture this amazing doctrine is found.
It’s all over the place!
So to unpack what it is and where it’s found in the Bible, I invited Curtis Mitch on to the Art of Catholic podcast. (He’s the guy who wrote the amazing commentary in the very popular Ignatius Catholic Study Bible.)
There’s nobody I’d rather have on the program to address this from a scriptural point of view.
Here are just a few of the highlights of this episode:
- Christ’s words about deification
- Where deification is found in the prayers of the Mass
- Why our deification was always God’s goal
- How prayer relates directly to the process of deification
- How deification sheds light on Adam’s Fall in the Garden of Eden
- Why the Incarnation of Christ is the key to understanding deification
I loved this conversation with Curtis, and so will you.
So sit back, hitch up your pants, and get ready to hear why you are destined to be a god…literally.
P.S. It’s coming MAY 1st! CLICK HERE to be notified so you get in before the doors close!
“The most dynamic, clearest path to spiritual transformation you’ll find anywhere.” – Mike Aquilina, Author & EWTN Personality