All too often we focus so much on the Passion, death and Resurrection of Our Lord that we breeze right over a pivotal event in our eternal pilgrimage – the Ascension.
That would be a huge mistake.
Not long ago I picked up one of my many books by Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI. Not a good idea if you have a lot of items on your “to-do” list.
He’s so incredibly brilliant that I just couldn’t stop reading.
Benedict’s focus was on the importance of the Ascension and how it leads to Pentecost and beyond. It was a real eye-opener. I learned a lot and I can’t wait to share it with you.
- Why the Apostles were strangely “full of joy” after Christ disappeared
- Where I would’ve loved to have been a fly on the wall before the Ascension
- How the Ascension points to our divine destiny
- Why Jesus rose on a cloud (and not something else)
- Why the people in Lystra weren’t totally wrong about Paul and Barnabas…and what that says about us
- How the tongues of fire at Pentecost should burn us now
This was not a planned episode. It just happened…perhaps through the Holy Spirit. I think he’s trying to tell us something.
Give a listen and God bless!
Grab your FREE copy of my quick guide to deeper prayer 8 Ways To Jumpstart Your Prayer Life!
It’s an easy step-by-step guide to help you rocket to God!
Don’t miss a show! Subscribe to The Art of Catholic by clicking this link and then clicking “View in iTunes” under the picture and then “Subscribe”!
Check out the new video about my pilgrimage to the Holy Land! It’s the trip of a lifetime!