The answer may surprise you.
Is it because she’s perfect? Kind of. But there’s a deeper reason.
So in this “brief” episode, I’ll dig in a little to the underlying, foundational reason we venerate Our Lady.
- Why the Immaculate Conception is demanded by Mary’s divine maternity
- The vital role of the Council of Ephesus in 431AD in Marian doctrine
- Why St. Thomas declared Mary was predestined to be the Mother of God
- How Mary is intimately united to the hypostatic union
- The definition and distinction of hyperdulia (and why people who say Catholics worship Mary are nuts)
All that and more in this episode of the Art of Catholic!
P.S. I’m leading a pilgrimage to the Holy Land with Jim Caviezel, star of The Passion of the Christ!
We’ll also be joined by Fr. Don Calloway and John Michael Talbot! It’s going to be epic!
P.P.S. If you’d rather go to Italy, I’m heading there on pilgrimage, too!
Join me in March 2019 for a time of deep spiritual renewal and amazing adventure in Rome, Assisi, Orvieto, LaVerna, and much, much more! CLICK HERE for details!
Don’t miss a show! Subscribe to The Art of Catholic by clicking this link and then clicking “View in iTunes” under the picture and then “Subscribe”!
Love the show and want more people to hear the Catholic faith? Leave a review by clicking here and then the “View in iTunes” button under my picture. This pushes the show up the rankings and puts it in front of more people.