But what should we do when we fall short? What about when we sin?
“Get to confession,” you reply. Excellent. But then what? Is there a way to make up for what we’ve done? A way to remedy the damage that we’ve caused the Body of Christ now, so that we don’t suffer later?
Absolutely. It’s almsgiving.
Don’t worry, I’m not going to tell you to start giving alms. I’m going to tell you why you’re nuts if you don’t. Trust me. You want to hear this. Because we’re going to:
- Discuss why you want to spend as little time in purgatory as possible
- (hint: it hurts…a lot!)
- Show how Scripture describes sin in terms of a debt to be paid
- Demonstrate the incredible revolution with regard to payment for sin that occurred in the Old Testament between the time of King David and Daniel
- Examine Scripture passages that demonstrate the concept of purgatory and its miraculous relationship to almsgiving
- Explain how almsgiving can shortcut the consequences of your sinful actions…now and later!
Don’t listen if you enjoy suffering. For the rest of you, push “play” now!
P.S. Don’t just listen to us talk about it. Do it! Grab your FREE copy of my quick guide to deeper prayer 8 Ways To Jumpstart Your Prayer Life! It’s an easy step-by-step guide to help you rocket to God!
Don’t miss a show! Subscribe to The Art of Catholic by clicking this link and then clicking “View in iTunes” under the picture and then “Subscribe”!
Love the show and want more people to hear the Catholic faith? Leave a review by clicking here and then the “View in iTunes” button under my picture. This pushes the show up the rankings and puts it in front of more people.
Android user? You can listen to The Art of Catholic on the Beyond Pod app from the Google Play Store.
Want to tour Catholic Europe’s most beautiful holy sites? Join Matthew on a St. Paul Center pilgrimage to Fatima, Spain, Lourdes, and other amazing holy sites this October 23rd to November 1st. Click here for details.