My dad’s family had an ancestor on the Mayflower. My in-laws brag they’re related to Stonewall Jackson. I recently discovered one of my relatives actually translated the spiritual masterpiece The Imitation of Christ a few hundred years ago.
Family lines are very important and interesting.
While not tied through bloodlines, there’s a Catholic family that can trace it’s lineage for 800 years…the Dominicans. And the offspring of the great St. Dominic has had an unbelievable impact on the Catholic faith. Just think of all the towering Dominican figures in our history: St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Catherine of Siena, and St. Rose of Lima, among others.
- The heresy that led to the founding of the Dominicans
- Why Dominicans are called “Hounds of the Lord” and “Black Friars”
- How St. Dominic gave us the rosary
- The impact of the Angelic Doctor, St. Thomas Aquinas
- St. Albertus Magnus and why was he so important
- What makes Dominicans different from other orders in the Church (not better, just different:)
All that and more on this episode of The Art of Catholic! God bless!
P.S. Don’t forget to grab your FREE copy of my quick guide to deeper prayer 8 Ways To Jumpstart Your Prayer Life! It’s an easy step-by-step guide to help you rocket to God!
Don’t miss a show! Subscribe to The Art of Catholic by clicking this link and then clicking “View in iTunes” under the picture and then “Subscribe”!
Android user? You can listen to The Art of Catholic on the Beyond Pod app from the Google Play Store.
Want to experience Catholic Europe? Join Matthew on his pilgrimage to Fatima, Lourdes, Avila, and many other amazing holy sites this October 23rd to November 1st. Click here for details.