If you listened to Part 1 of my discussion with the renowned author and speaker Dr. Brant Pitre (BrantPitre.com), not only were you probably incensed by the attacks of skeptics on the Gospels, you were heartened by Brant’s destruction of their arguments.
The truth of the matter is that we can trust in the origin of the Gospels. We can trust that Christ is who he says he is.
In Part 2 of our interview, our discussion based around his new book The Case for Jesus: The Biblical and Historical Evidence for Christ includes the following:
- When the Gospels were written and why it matters
- How do we explain apparent differences or discrepancies in the Gospels?
- Why Jesus knew exactly who he was…God (though Gospel critics say otherwise)
- The incredible connection between Jesus and the Old Testament book of Daniel (and how the Angel Gabriel plays into all this)
- The real reason Jesus was sentenced to death by the Jewish leaders
- Why the first Christians believed in the resurrection (including the role of Jonah and the Whale…what?)
All of this and more showing how reasonable and rational the Christian faith actually is! Just like the first part, this is an episode every Catholic needs to hear!
P.S. Don’t let Lent just slide by. Grab it by the horns! Click the link to get a FREE, short chapter from my book Louder Than Words. It’s called Beer, Chocolate & Value-Added Suffering and it will transform your perspective on Lent and the whole spiritual life!
Don’t miss a show! Subscribe to The Art of Catholic by clicking this link and then clicking “View in iTunes” under the picture and then “Subscribe”!