When I was a Protestant missionary in Latin America, one of my fellow missionaries told me that he was trying to read the book of Hebrews, but he found it “just plain weird.” He didn’t know what to make of it. And it’s no wonder. It’s totally Catholic!
(Uhhh…maybe that’s why Martin Luther wanted to unload it from the canon of Scripture.)
In this episode of the Art of Catholic we’re going to begin our focus on the 7 core Catholic beliefs that underlie this amazing book of the Bible. My guest is a convert and gifted author named Shane Kapler, who wrote a book on this very topic titled The Epistle to Hebrews and the Seven Core Beliefs of Catholics. This is a great episode to start expanding your knowledge of Scripture.
- Who wrote Hebrews and why it’s one of the most argued topics in Scripture study
- Why Hebrews has special relevance today given the current condition of the world
- How Hebrews bridges the gap between the Old and New Testaments
- The Jewish background of Hebrews (does that sound redundant?)
- How the doctrine of the Trinity is unveiled in Hebrews
All that and more in episode 39 of the Art of Catholic. God bless and enjoy!
P.S. Don’t forget to grab your FREE copy of my quick guide to deeper prayer 8 Ways To Jumpstart Your Prayer Life! It’s an easy step-by-step guide to help you rocket to God!