We say that “Fatima prayer” at the end of every decade in the rosary. But what exactly are we begging deliverance from?
This is probably the deepest podcast I’ve done to date. How could it not be when dealing with the scariest topic in the world…hell. Nobody wants to think about eternal damnation, but many of us have questions like:
- Does hell actually exist?
- How is a place of eternal, unending pain and punishment compatible with a God of perfect love and mercy?
- How can we be truly happy in heaven if those we love are suffering in hell?
- Is it possible we’ll all end up in heaven eventually?
- Do some people actually choose hell?
- Is it true that the constant repetition of Barry Manilow’s greatest hits play a role in eternal suffering?
To answer these questions and more, I’ve brought in Dr. Michael Healy, a professor of philosophy at Franciscan University of Steubenville. He’s currently writing a book on hell and is one of the most lucid thinkers I know. He can take deep topics and explain them in a way that makes sense…which we need with this one!
So turn on all the lights, grab a rosary, and light a fire (just to put the conversation in context). It’s time to talk about hell.
And don’t forget to head over to iTunes and leave the show a rating! Doing so helps promote the podcast and gets Catholic material in front of people who may never otherwise be exposed to the faith. Thank you!!