We’re going to talk about nature. And by that I don’t just mean creation. I also mean human nature. My guest is Dr. Ben Wiker, author an incredible new book titled “In Defense of Nature: The Catholic Unity of Environmental, Economic, and Moral Ecology.”
He’s a genius at showing how the respect and care for one, necessarily leads to the respect and care for the other…and vice versa.
If that sounds all (tree)huggy/feely, trust me…it’s not. I’m not that guy. (I haven’t even worn Birkenstocks since the 90s.)
What we’re talking about is a massive issue between Left and Right, Liberal and Conservative.
To bridge the gap, this episode exposes the fact that there is real unity in nature, unity between the physical and spiritual realms.
And that unity has consequences.
(If that seems obvious to you, just wait. I’m betting that you’re going to have some serious “Holy Toledo!” moments during this episode.)
Among other things Dr. Wiker and I discuss:
- What is catholic ecology? (Yes, I intended a small “c”.)
- Who was Francis Bacon and why his bacon should be cooked
- The connection between landfills and sin (Not gonna lie. This one threw me at first.)
- The evil underbelly of (the religion of) recycling
- How contraceptive principles actually apply to food
- a.k.a. “Why you’ll never look at Fruit Loops the same way again”
- Why sometimes what’s good for the economy is not good for you
This is an episode that doesn’t pull any punches.
But it does provide a common foundation from which we can approach a very serious and damaging divide. So put a bowl of granola in one hand and a gun in the other, lean back, and enjoy!
Don’t be lost! Grab your FREE copy of my quick guide to deeper prayer 8 Ways To Jumpstart Your Prayer Life!
It’s an easy step-by-step summary of the spiritual giants of the Church designed to help you rocket to God!
Don’t miss a show! Subscribe to The Art of Catholic by clicking this link and then clicking “View in iTunes” under the picture and then “Subscribe”!