There’s a backstory. And once you know it, everything makes more sense.
In this episode of The Art of Catholic, we dive into the events of the Old Testament that set up the birth of the Catholic Church in Jerusalem at Pentecost. Earth(quakes), Wind & Fire wasn’t just a nominally successful 70s band. These elements often accompany theophanies, appearances of God.
We’re going to see why the crazy events at Pentecost unfolded as they did, looking at parallels to another very similar, very important event in the book of Exodus. Among other things we’ll discuss:
- The ancient origin of Pentecost as a Jewish feast
- Why the Holy Spirit descended in tongues of fire in Acts 2
- Why the Disciples started speaking in other languages
- What the voice of God actually sounds like (gulp!)
- Why the number of converts at Pentecost (i.e. 3,000) is really significant
All that and more in this special Pentecost episode of The Art of Catholic!
God bless you all!
P.S. Don’t forget to grab your FREE copy of my quick guide to deeper prayer 8 Ways To Jumpstart Your Prayer Life! It’s an easy step-by-step guide to help you rocket to God!
Android user? You can listen to The Art of Catholic on the Beyond Pod app from the Google Play Store.